Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Cubbies! Curtains! More Bunny-free zones!

I cannot believe that it is November 20th. 

It seems like just yesterday was the beginning of the month. How does that happen!?! Once again, a full week has slipped by without a peep from The Pod (we finally chose the perfect name for our home). My apologies for the lack of posts! I've got about a 30 minute window before I have to run off and do the next thing on my list, so I'll try to pack in as much as I can. 

Over the past week, we have done a collection of small detail projects here and there....gone are the days when we could post photos displaying dramatic changes in less than 24 hours. Sigh. Oh well. ONWARD AND UPWARD, I SAY!

The last window finally got trimmed in too!
No more drafts there!

So, since we last posted, I was able to finish all the curtains for the loft windows. Sadly, I don't have enough material left to complete the large window down in the great room. Boo. :/ I will either go back and see if more of the same material exists, or simply get another type of material. Since I love color and diversity, the latter will probably come to be. 

Meanwhile, Dan has been busy working away at the built in. So far he has created the doors for the top two cubbies and a door for the large bottom cubby on the left. Hooray! One less area for the little fuzzy she-devil to dig around in and make a mess! 


Nana-nana-nana-ROD-MAANN
Hanging curtain rods. :)

Another nice surprise that I cam home to today, was my full length mirror mounted inside the closet door. Let me tell you why this makes me exceptionally happy: a couple weekends ago I purchased a mirror with the intent of hanging it myself. My brother sat on it in the car, before I even got it home. Went out and got mirror number two, then spent a solid hour and a half trying to mount it myself. With an uneven surface and non-parallel lines messing with my concept of "level" I found it very difficult to hold the mirror in such a way that looked even.


Once I finally did, I somehow had to screw the clips on as well. That didn't go great. The short story is I dropped the mirror twice, nearly having a rage stroke each time, and then on the third and final fall of the mirror, I had two clips in place and  was securing the third- when it slipped off and snapped all three clips. I carefully picked up the magically-still-unbroken mirror and gently stored it away as I stated with gritted teeth, "I'm going to go do something else now." Oh, DaaaAAAaaaannn! I have a job for youuuu. ;) haha


So that's it in a nutshell. The jobs may be getting smaller, but the steady culmination of all these little improvements is leading to the completion of that grand vision we had just a year ago. Most days, I walk into my home still staring at all the things that aren't finished. We both need to manually refocus at times...but when we do, I look around almost breathless. This place is so beautiful, functional, and deliberate. Still, every time, I find myself remarking, "I can't believe we did all this!"

Thanks for stickin' in there on the lack of posts, and as always, thanks for reading!!!
Like Us On Facebook




No comments:

Post a Comment